|§ 501||Creation of body corporate; directors; principal office; agencies|
|§ 502||Board of directors of Textile Foundation|
|§ 503||Purpose of Foundation|
|§ 504||Powers of Foundation|
|§ 505||Report to Congress|
|§ 506||Amendment and repeal of chapter|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 15 > Chapter 13
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- corporation: includes associations, joint-stock companies, and insurance companies. See 38 USC 1912
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Federal Reserve System: The central bank of the United States. The Fed, as it is commonly called, regulates the U.S. monetary and financial system. The Federal Reserve System is composed of a central governmental agency in Washington, D.C. (the Board of Governors) and twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks in major cities throughout the United States. Source: OCC
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- foreign: when applied to a corporation or partnership means a corporation or partnership which is not domestic. See 38 USC 1912
- levy: includes the power of distraint and seizure by any means. See 38 USC 1912
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- National Bank: A bank that is subject to the supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department. A national bank can be recognized because it must have "national" or "national association" in its name. Source: OCC
- person: as used in this chapter includes an officer or employee of a corporation, or a member or employee of a partnership, who as such officer, employee, or member is under a duty to perform the act in respect of which the violation occurs. See 26 USC 7343
- person: shall be construed to mean and include an individual, a trust, estate, partnership, association, company or corporation. See 38 USC 1912
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of the Treasury or his delegate. See 38 USC 1912
- subscription: includes a mark when the person making the same intended it as such. See 19 USC 2291
- Tax Court: means the United States Tax Court. See 38 USC 1912
- taxable year: means the calendar year, or the fiscal year ending during such calendar year, upon the basis of which the taxable income is computed under subtitle A. See 38 USC 1912
- taxpayer: means any person subject to any internal revenue tax. See 38 USC 1912