|§ 501||Creation of body corporate; directors; principal office; agencies|
|§ 502||Board of directors of Textile Foundation|
|§ 503||Purpose of Foundation|
|§ 504||Powers of Foundation|
|§ 505||Report to Congress|
|§ 506||Amendment and repeal of chapter|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 15 > Chapter 13 - Textile Foundation
- Administrator: means the Administrator of the Administration for Community Living of the Department of Health and Human Services. See 29 USC 796a
- affiliate: shall include any corporation, business trust, association, or other similar organization--
(1) Of which a member bank, directly or indirectly, owns or controls either a majority of the voting shares or more than 50 per centum of the number of shares voted for the election of its directors, trustees, or other persons exercising similar functions at the preceding election, or controls in any manner the election of a majority of its directors, trustees, or other persons exercising similar functions. See 12 USC 221a
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- center for independent living: means a consumer-controlled, community-based, cross-disability, nonresidential private nonprofit agency for individuals with significant disabilities (regardless of age or income) that--
(A) is designed and operated within a local community by individuals with disabilities. See 29 USC 796a
- consumer control: means , with respect to a center for independent living, that the center vests power and authority in individuals with disabilities, in terms of the management, staffing, decisionmaking, operation, and provisions of services, of the center. See 29 USC 796a
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- employee: shall include a full-time life insurance salesman who is considered an employee for the purpose of chapter 21. See 26 USC 7701
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC
- Federal Reserve System: The central bank of the United States. The Fed, as it is commonly called, regulates the U.S. monetary and financial system. The Federal Reserve System is composed of a central governmental agency in Washington, D.C. (the Board of Governors) and twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks in major cities throughout the United States. Source: OCC
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- fiscal year: means an accounting period of 12 months ending on the last day of any month other than December. See 26 USC 7701
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- including: when used in a definition contained in this title shall not be deemed to exclude other things otherwise within the meaning of the term defined. See 26 USC 7701
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See 1 USC 8
- Lawsuit: A legal action started by a plaintiff against a defendant based on a complaint that the defendant failed to perform a legal duty, resulting in harm to the plaintiff.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- person: shall be construed to mean and include an individual, a trust, estate, partnership, association, company or corporation. See 26 USC 7701
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- writing: includes printing and typewriting and reproductions of visual symbols by photographing, multigraphing, mimeographing, manifolding, or otherwise. See 1 USC 1