Texas Business and Commerce Code Chapter 57 > Subchapter A – General Provisions
Terms Used In Texas Business and Commerce Code Chapter 57 > Subchapter A - General Provisions
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lineal descendant: Direct descendant of the same ancestors.
- Month: means a calendar month. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005