A. A person shall not:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 49-791
- Facility plan: means any design or operating plan for a solid waste facility or group of solid waste facilities. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means any public or private corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society of persons, the federal government and any of its departments or agencies, this state or any of its agencies, departments, political subdivisions, counties, towns or municipal corporations, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Solid waste facility: means a transfer facility and any site owned, operated or utilized by any person for the storage, processing, treatment or disposal of solid waste, conditionally exempt small quantity generator waste or household hazardous waste but does not include the following:
(a) A site at which less than one ton of solid waste that is not household waste, household hazardous waste, conditionally exempt small quantity generator waste, medical waste or special waste and that was generated on site is stored, processed, treated or disposed in compliance with section 49-762. See Arizona Laws 49-701
1. Practice open burning at a solid waste facility without a variance approval issued by the director.
2. Scavenge at a solid waste facility.
3. Damage or destroy signs posted at a solid waste facility.
4. Dump or dispose of solid waste in violation of any provision of this chapter or any applicable rule adopted pursuant to article 4 of this chapter.
5. Operate a solid waste facility in a manner inconsistent with the solid waste facility plan after it has been approved or any rule adopted pursuant to article 4 of this chapter.
B. A violation of subsection A of this section is a class 2 misdemeanor.
C. In addition to the penalties prescribed by subsection B of this section or section 13-1603, subsection B, a person who violates this section or section 13-1603 shall be subject to a civil penalty in an amount prescribed by section 49-783.