Arizona Laws > Title 11 > Chapter 7 > Article 8 – Enforcement of Immigration Laws
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 11-1051||Cooperation and assistance in enforcement of immigration laws; indemnification|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 11 > Chapter 7 > Article 8 - Enforcement of Immigration Laws
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215