Arizona Laws > Title 12 > Chapter 4 – Venue and Change of Venue or Judge
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 12 > Chapter 4
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Director: means the director of the department. See Arizona Laws 3-101
- Division: means the animal services division of the Arizona department of agriculture. See Arizona Laws 3-1201
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.