|Article 2||Health Care Insurers||20-1721 – 20-1724|
|Article 3||Insurance Review Committees||20-1731|
|Article 4||Reporting Requirements||20-1741 – 20-1742|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 20 > Chapter 7
- commission: means the department of insurance. See Arizona Laws 20-101
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Insured: means any person covered under an insurance contract or other evidence of insurance coverage subject to regulation under title 20. See Arizona Laws 6-1401
- Premium finance agreement: means a written agreement by which an insured or prospective insured agrees to pay to a premium finance company the amount advanced or to be advanced under the written agreement to an insurance producer in payment of premiums of an insurance contract together with interest or discount and a service charge as authorized and limited by this article. See Arizona Laws 6-1401
- Premium finance company: means a person engaged in whole or in part in the business of financing insurance premiums, entering into premium finance agreements with insureds or otherwise acquiring premium finance agreements from insurance producers or other premium finance companies. See Arizona Laws 6-1401
- Recourse: An arrangement in which a bank retains, in form or in substance, any credit risk directly or indirectly associated with an asset it has sold (in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles) that exceeds a pro rata share of the bank's claim on the asset. If a bank has no claim on an asset it has sold, then the retention of any credit risk is recourse. Source: FDIC
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Superintendent: means the superintendent of financial institutions. See Arizona Laws 6-101
- Title: includes this title, title 32, chapters 9 and 36 and title 44, chapter 2. See Arizona Laws 6-101