Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 23 > Chapter 2 > Article 5
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Petty offense: A federal misdemeanor punishable by six months or less in prison. Source: U.S. Courts
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215