|Article 1||General Provisions||28-7701 – 28-7711|
|Article 2||Toll Collection and Enforcement||28-7751 – 28-7764|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 28 > Chapter 22
- Adult: means a person who is eighteen years of age or older. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Bus: means a motor vehicle designed for carrying sixteen or more passengers, including the driver. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Concession: means any lease, ground lease, franchise, easement, permit or other binding agreement transferring rights for the use or control, in whole or in part, of an eligible facility by the department or other unit of government to a private partner in accordance with this chapter. See Arizona Laws 28-7701
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Director: means the director of the department of transportation. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Driver: means a person who drives or is in actual physical control of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Eligible facility: means any facility, whether real or personal property, developed or operated after September 30, 2009 in accordance with this chapter, including any existing, enhanced, upgraded or new facility that is any of the following:
(a) Used or useful for the safe transport of people, information or goods via one or more modes of transport, whether involving highways, bridges, tunnels, conduits, railways, monorails, transit, bus systems, guided rapid transit, fixed guideways, ferries, boats, vessels, airports, intermodal or multimodal systems or any other mode of transport. See Arizona Laws 28-7701
- Evidence: includes both of the following:
(a) A display on a wireless communication device of a department-generated driver license, nonoperating identification license, vehicle registration card or other official record of the department that is presented to a law enforcement officer or in a court or an administrative proceeding. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Operator: means a person who drives a motor vehicle on a highway, who is in actual physical control of a motor vehicle on a highway or who is exercising control over or steering a vehicle being towed by a motor vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Private partner: means a person, entity or organization that is not the federal government, this state, a political subdivision of this state or a unit of government. See Arizona Laws 28-7701
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.