|§ 30-671||Radiation protection standards|
|§ 30-672||Licensing and registration of sources of radiation; exemptions|
|§ 30-672.01||Registration of persons who install or service radiation machines; exception; roster of registrants|
|§ 30-673||Unlawful acts|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 30 > Chapter 4 > Article 2
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 30-651
- Director: means the director of the department. See Arizona Laws 30-651
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any individual, corporation, partnership, firm, association, trust, estate, public or private institution, group, agency or political subdivision of this state, or any other state or political subdivision or agency of such state, and any legal successor, representative, agent, or agency of the foregoing, other than the United States nuclear regulatory commission or any successor, and other than federal government agencies and any other entities licensed by the United States nuclear regulatory commission or any successor. See Arizona Laws 30-651
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Radiation: means :
(a) Ionizing radiation, including gamma rays, x-rays, alpha and beta particles, high speed electrons, neutrons, protons and other nuclear particles or rays. See Arizona Laws 30-651
- Radiation machine: means any manufactured devices or products producing any of the following:
(a) X-rays for medical, industrial, research and development or educational purposes. See Arizona Laws 30-651
- Screening mammography: means x-ray imaging of the breast of asymptomatic persons. See Arizona Laws 30-651
- Service: means major adjustments or repairs, usually requiring specialized training or tools, or both. See Arizona Laws 30-651
- Sources of radiation: means radioactive materials, radiation machines and electronic products. See Arizona Laws 30-651