|Article 1||General Provisions||36-2301 – 36-2303|
|Article 2||Treatment of Embryos||36-2311 – 36-2313|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 36 > Chapter 23
- boundaries: means all of the area within the corporate limits of the city or town. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Day: means a calendar day, except a Saturday or Sunday or a holiday prescribed in section 1-301. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Destructive human embryonic stem cell research: means any research that involves the disaggregation of any human embryo for the purpose of creating human pluripotent stem cells or human pluripotent stem cell lines. See Arizona Laws 36-2311
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Holder: means a video service provider that has been issued a uniform video service license pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Human embryo: means a living organism of the species homo sapiens through the first fifty-six days of its development, excluding any time during which its development has been suspended. See Arizona Laws 36-2311
- Human-animal hybrid: means any of the following:
(a) A human embryo into which a nonhuman cell or cells, or any component part of a nonhuman cell or cells, have been introduced. See Arizona Laws 36-2311
- In vitro: means outside the human body. See Arizona Laws 36-2311
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Incumbent cable operator: means a cable operator or other video service provider that on December 31, 2019 is providing video service in this state pursuant to a local license. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- License: means a franchise as defined in 47 United States Code section 522. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Local government: means any city, including a charter city, or town. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Purchase or sell: includes an exchange of cash, an in-kind payment or any other valuable financial or nonfinancial consideration. See Arizona Laws 36-2311
- Service area: means that part of the boundaries of a local government within which a video service provider is authorized to provide video service pursuant to a uniform video service license or a local license. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Subscriber: means any person in this state that purchases video service. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Uniform video service license: means a license that is issued by a local government in the form of a uniform video service license agreement as adopted pursuant to section 9-1411. See Arizona Laws 9-1401
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215