|Article 1||General Provisions||36-3501 – 36-3506|
|Article 2||Crib Safety||36-3521 – 36-3523|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 36 > Chapter 35
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Bylaws: means the code of rules adopted for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which those rules are designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Commercial user: means a person who deals in cribs or who claims to have knowledge or skill particular to cribs or who is in the business of remanufacturing, retrofitting, selling, leasing, subletting or otherwise placing cribs in the stream of commerce. See Arizona Laws 36-3521
- Court: means the superior court of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Crib: means a bed or containment designed to accommodate an infant and includes full-size cribs and nonfull-size cribs. See Arizona Laws 36-3521
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Electronic transmission: means an electronic record as defined in section 44-7002 that is sent pursuant to section 44-7015. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Filing: means the commission completing the following procedure with respect to any document delivered for that purpose:
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Infant: means a child who is less than thirty-five inches tall and who is under three years of age. See Arizona Laws 36-3521
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Known place of business: means the known place of business required to be maintained pursuant to section 10-501. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- President: means that officer designated as the president in the articles of incorporation or bylaws or, if not so designated, that officer authorized in the articles of incorporation, bylaws or otherwise to perform the functions of the chief executive officer, irrespective of the name by which designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Record date: means the date established under chapter 6 or 7 of this title on which a corporation determines the identity of its shareholders and their shareholdings for purposes of chapters 1 through 17 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Secretary: means that officer designated as the secretary in the articles of incorporation or bylaws or that officer authorized in the articles of incorporation, the bylaws or otherwise to perform the functions of secretary, irrespective of the name by which designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Shareholder: means the person in whose name shares are registered in the records of a corporation or the beneficial owner of shares to the extent of the rights granted by a nominee certificate on file with a corporation. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Temporary restraining order: Prohibits a person from an action that is likely to cause irreparable harm. This differs from an injunction in that it may be granted immediately, without notice to the opposing party, and without a hearing. It is intended to last only until a hearing can be held.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- written: includes blockchain technology as defined in section 44-7061. See Arizona Laws 10-140