Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 36 > Chapter 3 > Article 4
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Certificate: means a record that documents a birth or death. See Arizona Laws 36-301
- Certified copy: means a written reproduction of a registered certificate that a local registrar, a deputy local registrar or the state registrar has authenticated as a true and exact written reproduction of a registered certificate. See Arizona Laws 36-301
- Department: means the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 36-301
- Electronic: means technology that has electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical or electromagnetic capabilities or technology with similar capabilities. See Arizona Laws 36-301
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Evidentiary document: means written information used to prove the fact for which it is presented. See Arizona Laws 36-301
- Fetal death: means the cessation of life before the complete expulsion or extraction of a product of human conception from its mother that is evidenced by the absence of breathing, heartbeat, umbilical cord pulsation or definite voluntary muscle movement after expulsion or extraction. See Arizona Laws 36-301
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Human remains: means a lifeless human body or parts of a human body that permit a reasonable inference that death occurred. See Arizona Laws 36-301
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Issue: means :
(a) To provide a copy of a registered certificate. See Arizona Laws 36-301
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Vital record: means a registered birth certificate or a registered death certificate. See Arizona Laws 36-301