|Article 1||General Provisions||36-495 – 36-495.16|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 36 > Chapter 4.3
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Board: means the police pension board. See Arizona Laws 9-911
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Compliance testing: means laboratory analysis of any matter, pollutant, contaminant, hazardous substance or other substance subject to regulation pursuant to:
(a) Title 49 or rules adopted or enforced by the department of environmental quality for the purpose of determining compliance with title 49. See Arizona Laws 36-495
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 36-495
- Director: means the director of the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 36-495
- Facility: means a place, building, installation, structure or vehicle. See Arizona Laws 36-495
- laboratory: means a facility where compliance testing is performed. See Arizona Laws 36-495
- Laboratory director: means an individual who administers the technical and scientific operation of an environmental laboratory and who is responsible for reporting laboratory test results as specified in this chapter or rules adopted pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 36-495
- License: means a regular license, renewal license or provisional license issued by the department pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 36-495
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, employee, officer, managing body, trust, firm, joint stock company, consortium, corporation, partnership, association, state or political subdivision of a state or the United States government. See Arizona Laws 36-495
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215