Arizona Laws > Title 36 > Chapter 4 > Article 6 – Licensing of Nursing Care Institution Administrators and Certification of Assisted Living Facilities Managers
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 36 > Chapter 4 > Article 6 - Licensing of Nursing Care Institution Administrators and Certification of Assisted Living Facilities Managers
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Adult: means a person who has attained eighteen years of age. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Assisted living center: means an assisted living facility that provides resident rooms or residential units to eleven or more residents. See Arizona Laws 36-401
- Assisted living facility: means a residential care institution, including an adult foster care home, that provides or contracts to provide supervisory care services, personal care services or directed care services on a continuous basis. See Arizona Laws 36-401
- Assisted living facility manager: means a person who has responsibility for administering or managing an assisted living facility, whether or not that person has an ownership interest in the institution and whether or not the person's functions and duties are shared with others. See Arizona Laws 36-446
- Assisted living facility training program: includes :
(a) Training that is required for assisted living facility manager certification. See Arizona Laws 36-446
- Assisted living home: means an assisted living facility that provides resident rooms to ten or fewer residents. See Arizona Laws 36-401
- Board: means the board of examiners of nursing care institution administrators and assisted living facility managers. See Arizona Laws 36-446
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Department: means the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 36-446
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Direction: means authoritative policy or procedural guidance to accomplish a function or activity. See Arizona Laws 36-401
- Director: means the director of the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 36-446
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Facilities: means buildings that are used by a health care institution for providing any of the types of services as defined in this chapter. See Arizona Laws 36-401
- Felony involving violence or financial fraud: means any of the following offenses:
(a) Sexual abuse of a vulnerable adult. See Arizona Laws 36-446
- Forgery: The fraudulent signing or alteration of another's name to an instrument such as a deed, mortgage, or check. The intent of the forgery is to deceive or defraud. Source: OCC
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Moral turpitude: means an offense, whether a misdemeanor or felony, that is related to extortion, burglary, larceny, bribery, embezzlement, robbery, racketeering, money laundering, forgery, fraud, murder, voluntary manslaughter or a sexual offense that requires the individual to register pursuant to section 13-3821. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Nursing care institution: means a health care institution that provides inpatient beds or resident beds and nursing services to persons who need continuous nursing services but who do not require hospital care or direct daily care from a physician. See Arizona Laws 36-401
- nursing care institution administrator: means a person who is charged with the general administration of a nursing care institution, whether or not that person has an ownership interest in the institution and whether or not the person's functions and duties are shared with others. See Arizona Laws 36-446
- Nursing services: means those services that pertain to the curative, restorative and preventive aspects of nursing care and that are performed at the direction of a physician by or under the supervision of a registered nurse licensed in this state. See Arizona Laws 36-401
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Physician: means any person who is licensed pursuant to Title 32, Chapter 13 or 17. See Arizona Laws 36-401
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Supervision: means directly overseeing and inspecting the act of accomplishing a function or activity. See Arizona Laws 36-401
- Temporary license: means a license that is issued by the department to operate a class or subclass of a health care institution at a specific location and that is valid until an initial licensing inspection. See Arizona Laws 36-401
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Unprofessional conduct: includes :
(a) Dishonesty, fraud, incompetency or gross negligence in performing administrative duties. See Arizona Laws 36-446
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215