|Article 1||General Provisions||41-1831 – 41-1837|
|Article 2||Ambulances and Ambulance Personnel||41-1841 – 41-1848|
|Article 3||Arizona Fallen Firefighter Memorial||41-1861 – 41-1863|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 12.1
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Ambulance: means any publicly or privately owned surface, water or air vehicle, including a helicopter, that is specially designed and constructed or modified and equipped to be used, maintained or operated for transportation of individuals who are sick, injured, wounded or otherwise incapacitated or helpless. See Arizona Laws 41-1831
- Ambulance pilot: means an individual who is responsible for the operation of an air ambulance and who is trained and certified as provided in this chapter. See Arizona Laws 41-1831
- Ambulance service: means a person who owns and operates one or more ambulances. See Arizona Laws 41-1831
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Department: means the department of public safety. See Arizona Laws 41-1831
- Director: means the director of the department of public safety. See Arizona Laws 41-1831
- Emergency medical patient: means a person who is suffering from a condition that requires immediate medical care or hospitalization, or both, in order to preserve the person's health, life or limb. See Arizona Laws 41-1831
- Emergency medical services communication system: means the statewide system implemented, coordinated and administered by the department of public safety, which may have the capability of providing for the intercommunication of any or all law enforcement agencies and personnel, ambulances, ambulance services and dispatchers, emergency receiving facilities, other health care institutions, medical practitioners, motor vehicle repair, fire service vehicles and tow trucks, and any other agencies and persons who may be serving on a volunteer basis. See Arizona Laws 41-1831
- Emergency medical situation: means a condition of emergency in which immediate medical care or hospitalization, or both, is required by a person or persons for the preservation of health, life or limb. See Arizona Laws 41-1831
- Emergency receiving facility: means a licensed health care institution that offers emergency medical services, that is staffed twenty-four hours a day and that has a physician who is licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 13 or 17, on call. See Arizona Laws 41-1831
- Filing: means the commission completing the following procedure with respect to any document delivered for that purpose:
(a) Determining that the filing fee requirements of section 10-122 have been satisfied. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Generation and transmission cooperative: means a corporation that is organized under this article or that becomes subject to this article as provided in this article. See Arizona Laws 10-2121
- Grantee: includes every person to whom an estate or interest in real property passes, in or by a deed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Member: means , without regard to what a person is called in the articles of incorporation or bylaws, any person or persons who, pursuant to a provision of a corporation's articles of incorporation or bylaws, have the right to vote for the election of a director or directors. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Newspaper: has the meaning set forth in section 39-201. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Population: means the population according to the most recent United States decennial census. See Arizona Laws 1-215