|Article 1||Arizona Criminal Justice Information System||41-2201 – 41-2206|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 17 - Criminal Justice Information Systems
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Court: means the superior court of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Deliver: includes sending by mail, private courier, fax or electronic transmission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Department: means the department of public safety. See Arizona Laws 41-2201
- disqualified shareholder: means a shareholder described in subsection 10-2223, subsection A, paragraph 1 or 2 or the legal representative of that shareholder. See Arizona Laws 10-2228
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Known place of business: means the known place of business required to be maintained pursuant to section 10-501. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Manager: means the Arizona criminal justice information system manager. See Arizona Laws 41-2201
- Principal office: means the office, in or out of this state, so designated in the annual report where the principal executive offices of a domestic or foreign corporation are located or in any other document executed by the corporation by an officer and delivered to the commission for filing. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Proceeding: includes a civil suit and a criminal, administrative and investigatory action. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Shareholder: means the person in whose name shares are registered in the records of a corporation or the beneficial owner of shares to the extent of the rights granted by a nominee certificate on file with a corporation. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- System: means the Arizona criminal justice information system as defined in section 41-1750. See Arizona Laws 41-2201
- written: includes blockchain technology as defined in section 44-7061. See Arizona Laws 10-140