|Article 1||General Provisions||41-2751 – 41-2753|
|Article 2||Competitive Government Program||41-2771 – 41-2773|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 25
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Competitive government process: means the process, as developed by the governor's office of management and budget, designed to standardize the methodology for how the state identifies and evaluates state functions to determine if future competitive contracting with the private sector and other state agencies is in the best interest of this state. See Arizona Laws 41-2771
- Competitive government program: means the program, as developed by the governor's office of management and budget, designed to manage the process of introducing private sector and interagency competition into the delivery of state goods and services. See Arizona Laws 41-2771
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Corporation: means a business development corporation formed under the provisions of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 10-2251
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Function: means a good or service that is provided through the direct efforts of state employees. See Arizona Laws 41-2771
- Governing board: means the Arizona board of regents for the universities or any community college district governing board. See Arizona Laws 41-2751
- Invited guests: means persons who enter onto a campus for an educational, research or public service activity and not primarily to purchase or receive goods and services not related to the educational, research or public service activity for which such persons enter onto the campus. See Arizona Laws 41-2751
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Office: means the governor's office of management and budget, established by executive order, or its successor. See Arizona Laws 41-2771
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes an individual and entity. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Private enterprise: means an individual, firm, partnership, joint venture, corporation, association or any other legal entity engaging in the manufacturing, processing, sale, offering for sale, rental, leasing, delivery, dispensing, distributing or advertising of goods or services for profit. See Arizona Laws 41-2751
- Privatization: means the utilization of a private sector entity in the delivery of goods and services currently provided by a state function or program. See Arizona Laws 41-2771
- Public service: means an activity that is normally and generally associated with community colleges and universities in this state, a purpose or significant result of which is not to engage in competition with private enterprise. See Arizona Laws 41-2751
- Relevant costs: means those costs that relate to a target function that can be eliminated if the target function is transferred to another agency or the private sector. See Arizona Laws 41-2771
- Shares: means units into which the shareholders' rights to participate in the control of a corporation, in its surplus or profits, or in the distribution of its assets, are divided. See Arizona Laws 10-2251
- State agency: means a department, office, commission, institution, board or other agency of state organization regardless of whether monies are appropriated to the agency. See Arizona Laws 41-2751
- State agency: means any executive department, office, commission, institution, board or other executive agency of state organization regardless of whether monies are appropriated to the agency. See Arizona Laws 41-2771
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Target function: means a current state function that has been identified for review through the competitive government process. See Arizona Laws 41-2771
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140