|Article 1||Advisory Council on Spinal and Head Injuries||41-3201 – 41-3203|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 28
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Corporation: means a business development corporation formed under the provisions of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 10-2251
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Member: means any bank or federal or state savings and loan association authorized to do business within this state which shall undertake to lend money to the corporation upon its call and in accordance with the provisions of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 10-2251
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Superintendent of financial institutions: means the superintendent of the financial institutions division of the department of insurance and financial institutions. See Arizona Laws 10-2251
- United States: includes a district, authority, bureau, commission and department and any other agency of the United States. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215