|Article 1||Arizona Historical Society||41-821 – 41-826|
|Article 2||Prescott Historical Society of Arizona||41-831 – 41-834|
|Article 4||Archaeological Discoveries||41-841 – 41-846|
|Article 5||State Emblems||41-851 – 41-860.06|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 4.1
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Agricultural products: includes horticultural, viticultural, forestry, dairy, livestock, poultry, bee and any farm products. See Arizona Laws 10-2001
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Association: means a corporation organized under this article. See Arizona Laws 10-2001
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Bylaws: means the code of rules adopted for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which those rules are designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Delivery: means actual receipt by the person or entity to which directed and for electronic transmissions means receipt as described in section 44-7015, subsection B. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- marketing contract: means any agreement entered into between an association organized under this article and its members, by the terms of which a subscribing grower, producer, manufacturer, marketer, distributor or seller and all other growers, producers, manufacturers, marketers, distributors or sellers signing similar agreements, agree to sell their products or services, goods for import or export purposes to or through such association. See Arizona Laws 10-2001
- Member: includes members of associations. See Arizona Laws 10-2001
- Membership: refers to the rights and obligations a member or members have pursuant to a corporation's articles of incorporation and bylaws and chapters 24 through 40 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Newspaper: has the meaning set forth in section 39-201. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Secretary: means that officer designated as the secretary in the articles of incorporation or bylaws or that officer authorized in the articles of incorporation, the bylaws or otherwise to perform the functions of secretary, irrespective of the name by which designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215