|Article 2||Imposition of Tax Upon Estates and Trusts||43-1311 – 43-1315|
|Article 3||Adjustments to Arizona Gross Income||43-1331 – 43-1333|
|Article 5||Liability of Fiduciary||43-1361 – 43-1366|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 43 > Chapter 13
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Arizona gross income: means :
(a) Of a nonresident estate or trust, the taxable income from sources within this state for the taxable year, computed according to the internal revenue code. See Arizona Laws 43-1301
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Assessment: includes "proposed additional assessment". See Arizona Laws 43-104
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Bylaws: means the code of rules adopted for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which those rules are designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: includes any domestic or foreign predecessor entity of a corporation in a merger or other transaction in which the predecessor's existence ceased upon consummation of the transaction. See Arizona Laws 10-3850
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Court: means the superior court of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the department of revenue, the director or his authorized delegate, as the context requires. See Arizona Laws 43-104
- Director: means an individual who is or was a director of a corporation or an individual who, while a director of a corporation, is or was serving at the corporation's request as a director, officer, partner, trustee, employee or agent of another foreign or domestic corporation, partnership, joint venture, trust, employee benefit plan or other entity. See Arizona Laws 10-3850
- Employee: includes an officer but not a director. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Entity: includes a corporation, foreign corporation, not for profit corporation, profit and not for profit unincorporated association, nonprofit corporation, close corporation, corporation sole or limited liability company, a professional corporation, association or limited liability company, a business trust, estate, partnership, registered limited liability partnership, trust or joint venture, two or more persons having a joint or common economic interest, any person other than an individual and a state, the United States and a foreign government. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Expenses: include attorney fees and other costs and expenses reasonably related to a proceeding. See Arizona Laws 10-3850
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Fiduciary: means a guardian, trustee, personal representative, executor, administrator, receiver or conservator, whether individual or corporate, or any person acting in any fiduciary capacity for any person, estate or trust. See Arizona Laws 43-104
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Individual: includes the estate of an incompetent or deceased individual. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Member: means , without regard to what a person is called in the articles of incorporation or bylaws, any person or persons who, pursuant to a provision of a corporation's articles of incorporation or bylaws, have the right to vote for the election of a director or directors. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Membership: refers to the rights and obligations a member or members have pursuant to a corporation's articles of incorporation and bylaws and chapters 24 through 40 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Minor: means a person under the age of eighteen years. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Minor children: means persons under the age of eighteen years. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Nonresident: means every individual other than a resident. See Arizona Laws 43-104
- Nonresident estate or trust: means an estate or trust that is not a resident estate or trust. See Arizona Laws 43-1301
- Person: includes individuals, fiduciaries, partnerships and corporations. See Arizona Laws 43-104
- Person: includes an individual and entity. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Probate: Proving a will
- Proceeding: means any threatened, pending or completed action, suit or proceeding, whether civil, criminal, administrative or investigative and whether formal or informal. See Arizona Laws 10-3850
- Proceeding: includes a civil suit and a criminal, administrative and investigatory action. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Required disclosure: means disclosure by the director who has a conflicting interest of both:
(a) The existence and nature of the conflicting interest. See Arizona Laws 10-3860
- Resident: includes :
(a) Every individual who is in this state for other than a temporary or transitory purpose. See Arizona Laws 43-104
- Resident estate: means the estate of a decedent who was a resident of this state at the time of death. See Arizona Laws 43-1301
- Secretary: means that officer designated as the secretary in the articles of incorporation or bylaws or that officer authorized in the articles of incorporation, the bylaws or otherwise to perform the functions of secretary, irrespective of the name by which designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- State: includes the states of the United States, the District of Columbia and the possessions of the United States. See Arizona Laws 43-104
- Tax: means the taxes imposed under this title. See Arizona Laws 43-104
- Taxable year: means :
(a) The calendar year or the fiscal year, ending during such calendar year, upon the basis of which the taxable income is computed under this title. See Arizona Laws 43-104
- Taxpayer: means any person subject to a tax imposed by this title, but in no case shall it include the United States, this state, counties, cities, towns, school districts or other political subdivisions or units of this state or the federal government. See Arizona Laws 43-104
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215