Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 49 > Chapter 4 > Article 3
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- County: means :
(a) The board of supervisors in the context of the exercise of powers or duties. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Management agency: means any person responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance and management of a particular public facility or group of public facilities. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Salvaging: means the removal of solid waste from a solid waste facility with the permission and in accordance with rules or ordinances of the management agency for purposes of productive reuse. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Solid waste facility: means a transfer facility and any site owned, operated or utilized by any person for the storage, processing, treatment or disposal of solid waste, conditionally exempt small quantity generator waste or household hazardous waste but does not include the following:
(a) A site at which less than one ton of solid waste that is not household waste, household hazardous waste, conditionally exempt small quantity generator waste, medical waste or special waste and that was generated on site is stored, processed, treated or disposed in compliance with section 49-762. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Solid waste landfill: means a facility, area of land or excavation in which solid wastes are placed for permanent disposal. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Solid waste management: means the systematic administration of activities which provide for the collection, source separation, storage, transportation, transfer, processing, treatment or disposal of solid waste in a manner that protects public health and safety and the environment and prevents and abates environmental nuisances. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- Storage: means the holding of solid waste. See Arizona Laws 49-701
- User fees: Fees charged to users of goods or services provided by the government. In levying or authorizing these fees, the legislature determines whether the revenue should go into the treasury or should be available to the agency providing the goods or services.