|§ 49-1082||Certification of underground storage tank service providers; rules; suspension or revocation of certification|
|§ 49-1083||Designation; training; record keeping requirements; rules|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 49 > Chapter 6 > Article 5 - Certification
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Attended facility: means an underground storage tank facility at which it is the usual and customary practice for the owner or operator, or any employee of the owner or operator, to be present on site during normal hours of operation. See Arizona Laws 49-1081
- Closure: means the removal of an underground storage tank from operation. See Arizona Laws 49-1001
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Operator: means a person in control of, or having responsibility for, the day-to-day operation of an underground storage tank. See Arizona Laws 49-1001
- Person: means an individual, trust, firm, joint stock company, corporation, joint venture, partnership, association, consortium, state, municipality, interstate body, commission, political subdivision of a state and the United States government. See Arizona Laws 49-1001
- Release: means a spill, leak, emission, discharge, escape, leach or disposal of a regulated substance from an underground storage tank into groundwater, surface water or soils. See Arizona Laws 49-1001
- Suspected release: means any of the following:
(a) The discovery by owners and operators or others of released regulated substances at the underground storage tank site or in the surrounding area. See Arizona Laws 49-1001
- Tank: means a stationary device constructed of wood, concrete, steel, plastic or other nonearthen materials and used to contain regulated substances. See Arizona Laws 49-1001
- Tank service: means installation, retrofitting, tank tightness testing, closure, cathodic protection or interior tank lining of an underground storage tank or a part of an underground storage tank. See Arizona Laws 49-1081
- Underground storage tank: means a tank or combination of tanks and underground pipes and impact valves connected to tanks being used or having been used to contain regulated substances and which has at least ten percent of the total volume of the tank and underground portions of pipes connected to the tank underground. See Arizona Laws 49-1001