The articles of incorporation of a corporation formed under this part shall set forth:
(a) The name of the corporation.
Terms Used In California Corporations Code 5130
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See California Corporations Code 18
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 77
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term appears unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Corporations Code 10
(b) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), the following statement:
“This corporation is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and is not organized for the private gain of any person. It is organized under the Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law for (public or charitable [insert one or both]) purposes.”
[If the purposes include “public” purposes, the articles shall, and in all other cases the articles may, include a further description of the corporation’s purposes.]
(2) If the corporation is a public bank, as defined in Section 57600 of the Government Code, the articles shall set forth a statement of purpose that is prescribed in subdivision (b) of Section 57601 of the Government Code.
(c) The name and street address in this state of the corporation’s initial agent for service of process in accordance with subdivision (b) of Section 6210.
(d) The initial street address of the corporation.
(e) The initial mailing address of the corporation, if different from the initial street address.
(Amended by Stats. 2019, Ch. 442, Sec. 2. (AB 857) Effective January 1, 2020.)