Terms Used In California Codes > Corporations Code > Title 1 > Division 2 > Part 4 > Chapter 5
- Bylaws: as used in this part means the code or codes of rules used, adopted, or recognized for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name or names by which such rules are designated. See California Corporations Code 9150
- camps: means any camps now or hereafter established, as provided by law, for the purpose of receiving prisoners committed to the custody of the Director of Corrections and wards committed to the Director of the Youth Authority, and in which the work projects performed by the inmates or wards are supervised by employees of the department. See California Streets and Highways Code 8353
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town. See California Education Code 7007
- commission: means the California Transportation Commission. See California Education Code 7054.1
- Construction: includes :
California Education Code 8091
- County: includes "city and county. See California Education Code 17491
- County: includes "city and county. See California Education Code 1915
- County: includes "city and county. See California Education Code 7005
- Department: means the Department of Transportation of this state. See California Education Code 7053
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- highway: includes bridges, culverts, curbs, drains, and all works incidental to highway construction, improvement, and maintenance. See California Education Code 7056
- maintenance: includes any of the following:
California Education Code 8070
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See California Education Code 17496
- Person: means any person, firm, partnership, association, corporation, organization, limited liability company, or business trust. See California Education Code 7052
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 77
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.