(a) The office shall post information on its Internet Web site to assist an individual to start a nonprofit corporation in this state and to assist a nonprofit corporation to achieve compliance with the state’s statutory and regulatory requirements. The Internet Web site shall contain direct links to information on the incorporation, registration, and renewal requirements of all of the following agencies:
(1) The Employment Development Department.
Terms Used In California Government Code 12098.6
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427
- state agency: includes every state office, officer, department, division, bureau, board, and commission. See California Government Code 11000
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19404
(2) The Franchise Tax Board.
(3) The Internal Revenue Service.
(4) The office of the Attorney General.
(5) The office of the Secretary of the State.
(6) The State Board of Equalization.
(b) The Internet Web site shall include, but not be limited to, direct links to each agency under subdivision (a) that provides information that does all of the following:
(1) Assists individuals with identifying all state forms or documents they may need.
(2) Provides direct links to an electronic copy of all state forms and documents available for download.
(3) Instructs individuals on how and where to submit all state forms and documents.
(4) Assists nonprofit corporations with identifying the state’s statutory and regulatory requirements they must comply with to maintain their status as a nonprofit corporation in this state.
(5) Informs individuals to contact local agencies regarding local requirements.
(c) The office shall ensure that the Internet Web site is user-friendly and provides accurate and updated information.
(d) (1) Each state agency under subdivision (a) shall provide the office with the direct links to the information described in subdivision (b). The office may refer individuals to the California Tax Service Center Internet Web site.
(2) A state agency shall not use the Internet Web site established under this section as the exclusive source of information that it provides to the public on its requirements for nonprofit corporations.
(Added by Stats. 2012, Ch. 418, Sec. 1. (AB 2641) Effective January 1, 2013.)