For purposes of this article, the following terms shall be defined as follows:
(a) “Applicant” means one or more entities that submit an application to GO-Biz. Eligible applicants shall be one or more of the following:
Terms Used In California Government Code 12099.2
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19428
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427
(1) A fully accredited institution of higher education.
(2) A private nonprofit corporation engaged in economic development activities.
(3) A county or municipality in this state that has a preexisting economic development department or program or both.
(4) A public economic development institution such as a workforce investment board or an economic development corporation.
(b) “Innovation Hub” or “iHub” means a partnership between interrelated firms, local governments, economic development organizations, educational entities, and industries that collectively drive economic growth within a defined geographic area.
(c) “iHub coordinator” means the individual or entity agreed to by the iHub partnership that is responsible for all of the following:
(1) Implementing the objectives of the iHub.
(2) Serving as the primary agent responsible for coordinating services and resources and maintaining the iHub partnership.
(3) Serving as the primary liaison to the state and the office.
(Added by Stats. 2013, Ch. 530, Sec. 1. (AB 250) Effective January 1, 2014.)