(a) Prior to expending any moneys appropriated to it by the Legislature from the fund, a state agency shall prepare a record consisting of all of the following:
(1) A description of each expenditure proposed to be made by the state agency pursuant to the appropriation.
Terms Used In California Government Code 16428.9
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- state agency: includes every state office, officer, department, division, bureau, board, and commission. See California Government Code 11000
(2) A description of how a proposed expenditure will further the regulatory purposes of Division 25.5 (commencing with Section 38500) of the Health and Safety Code, including, but not limited to, the limit established under Part 3 (commencing with Section 38550) and other applicable requirements of law.
(3) A description of how a proposed expenditure will contribute to achieving and maintaining greenhouse gas emission reductions pursuant to Division 25.5 (commencing with Section 38500) of the Health and Safety Code.
(4) A description of how the state agency considered the applicability and feasibility of other nongreenhouse gas reduction objectives of Division 25.5 (commencing with Section 38500) of the Health and Safety Code.
(5) A description of how the state agency will document the result achieved from the expenditure to comply with Division 25.5 (commencing with Section 35800) of the Health and Safety Code.
(b) The State Air Resources Board shall develop guidance on reporting and quantification methods for all state agencies that receive appropriations from the fund to ensure the requirements of this section are met. Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 11340) of Part 1 of Division 3 does not apply to the procedures developed pursuant to this subdivision.
(c) Nothing in this section alters, amends, or otherwise modifies in any manner Division 25.5 (commencing with Section 35800) of the Health and Safety Code, including the authority of the State Air Resources Board to adopt and implement a fee pursuant to that division.
(d) If any expenditure of moneys from the fund for any measure or project is determined by a court to be inconsistent with law, the funding for the remaining measures or projects shall be severable and shall not be affected.
(Amended by Stats. 2014, Ch. 36, Sec. 3. (SB 862) Effective June 20, 2014.)