(a) This chapter provides the authority for the organization and powers of county service areas. This chapter succeeds the former Chapter 2.2 (commencing with Section 25210.1) as added by Chapter 858 of the Statutes of 1953, and as subsequently amended.
(b) Any county service area established pursuant to the former Chapter 2.2 which was in existence on January 1, 2009, shall remain in existence as if it had been formed under this chapter.
Terms Used In California Government Code 25210.3
- Board: means the county board of supervisors acting as the governing authority of a county service area. See California Government Code 25210.2
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- County: includes city and county. See California Government Code 19
- County service area: means a county service area formed pursuant to this chapter or any of its statutory predecessors. See California Government Code 25210.2
- local agency formation commission: means a local agency formation commission that operates in the county pursuant to the Cortese-Knox-Hertzberg Local Government Reorganization Act of 2000, Division 3 (commencing with Section 56000) of Title 5. See California Government Code 25210.2
- Zone: means a zone formed pursuant to Article 8 (commencing with Section 25217). See California Government Code 25210.2
(c) Any improvement area, improvement zone, or zone formed pursuant to the former Chapter 2.2, which was in existence on January 1, 2009, shall be deemed to be a zone and remain in existence as if it had been formed as a zone pursuant to Article 8 (commencing with Section 25217).
(d) Any indebtedness, bond, note, certificate of participation, contract, special tax, benefit assessment, fee, charge, election, ordinance, resolution, regulation, rule, or any other action of a board taken pursuant to the former Chapter 2.2 before January 1, 2009, shall not be impaired or voided solely because of the enactment of this chapter or any error, omission, informality, misnomer, or inconsistency with this chapter.
(e) Any approval or determination, including, but not limited to, terms and conditions made with respect to a county service area by a local agency formation commission before January 1, 2009, shall remain in full force and effect.
(Added by Stats. 2008, Ch. 158, Sec. 2. Effective January 1, 2009.)