(a) The board may provide any authorized service, any level of service, or any authorized facility within a zone that the board may provide in the county service area as a whole.
(b) As determined by the board and pursuant to the requirements of this chapter, the board may exercise any fiscal powers within a zone that the board may exercise in the county service area as a whole.
Terms Used In California Government Code 25217.4
- assessed value: means 25 percent of full value to, and including, the 1980-81 fiscal year, and 100 percent of full value for the 1981-82 fiscal year and fiscal years thereafter. See California Education Code 19460.5
- Board: means the county board of supervisors acting as the governing authority of a county service area. See California Government Code 25210.2
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19428
- County service area: means a county service area formed pursuant to this chapter or any of its statutory predecessors. See California Government Code 25210.2
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Zone: means a zone formed pursuant to Article 8 (commencing with Section 25217). See California Government Code 25210.2
(c) Any special taxes, benefit assessments, fees, rates, charges, standby charges, or bonds which are intended solely for the support of services or facilities within a zone, shall be levied, assessed, and charged within the boundaries of the zone.
(d) The board shall not incur a general obligation bonded indebtedness for a zone pursuant to this section that exceeds 5 percent of the assessed value of the taxable property in the zone as shown by the last equalized assessment roll.
(Added by Stats. 2008, Ch. 158, Sec. 2. Effective January 1, 2009.)