Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 7.8 > Chapter 2
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- Basic system: as used in this article , means a telephone service which automatically connects a person dialing the digits "911" to an established public safety answering point through normal telephone service facilities. See California Government Code 53107
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Division: as used in this article , means the Public Safety Communications Division within the Office of Emergency Services. See California Government Code 53108.5
- Person: as used in this chapter includes an individual, a firm, partnership, corporation, limited liability company, association or other organization, or any combination thereof. See California Government Code 27321.5
- Public agency: as used in this article , means the state, and any city, county, city and county, municipal corporation, public district, or public authority located in whole or in part within this state which provides or has authority to provide firefighting, police, ambulance, medical, or other emergency services. See California Government Code 53101
- Public safety agency: as used in this article , means a functional division of a public agency which provides firefighting, police, medical, or other emergency services. See California Government Code 53102
- qualifier: as used in this chapter , means a person who qualifies for a license pursuant to Section 7068. See California Government Code 27321.5
- Town: includes "unincorporated town" and "village. See California Education Code 19430