|§ 122475||This part shall be known, and may be cited, as the Valley Fever …|
|§ 122476||(a) Valley fever, also called coccidioidomycosis, is a lung …|
|§ 122477||(a) The department shall conduct a valley fever awareness …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Health and Safety Code > Division 105 > Part 7.7
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Bureau: refers to the Bureau of Household Goods and Services, as established in Section 9810. See California Government Code 53859.01
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: includes a corporation, a company, an association, and a joint stock association. See California Government Code 53859.01
- Department: refers to the Department of Consumer Affairs. See California Government Code 53859.01
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Education Code 24943
- Director: refers to the Director of Consumer Affairs. See California Government Code 53859.01
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Fund: means the Household Movers Fund established pursuant to Section 19229. See California Government Code 53859.01
- Household mover: includes every corporation or person, their lessees, trustee, receivers, or trustees appointed by any court whatsoever, engaged in the permitted or unpermitted transportation for compensation or hire as a business by means of a motor vehicle or motor vehicles being used in the transportation of used household goods and personal effects over any public highway in this state. See California Government Code 53859.01
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Person: includes an individual, a firm, or a copartnership. See California Government Code 53859.01
- Person: means any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or company. See California Education Code 24942
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.