|Chapter 1||Definitions and Licensing|
|Chapter 2||Fiscal Requirements|
|Chapter 3||Other Provisions|
Terms Used In California Codes > Insurance Code > Division 2 > Part 7 - HOME PROTECTION
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- City: includes city and county and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Public Utilities Code 19
- Commission: means the Public Utilities Commission created by Section 1 of Article XII of the California Constitution, and "commissioner" means a member of the commission. See California Public Utilities Code 20
- Commissioner: means the Insurance Commissioner of this State. See California Insurance Code 20
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes "city and county. See California Insurance Code 14
- County: includes city and county. See California Public Utilities Code 18
- Domestic: means organized under the laws of this State, whether or not admitted. See California Insurance Code 26
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Foreign: means not organized under the laws of this State, whether or not admitted. See California Insurance Code 27
- Home protection company: means any person licensed pursuant to this part which issues home protection contracts. See California Insurance Code 12740
- Home protection contract: means a contract or agreement whereby a person, other than a builder, seller, or lessor of the home which is the subject of the contract, undertakes for a specified period of time, for a predetermined fee, to repair or replace all or any part of any component, system or appliance of a home necessitated by wear and tear, deterioration or inherent defect, arising during the effective period of the contract, and, in the event of an inspection conducted pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 12761, by the failure of that inspection to detect the likelihood of any such loss. See California Insurance Code 12740
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- licensee: means an insurer, agent, broker, or any other person who is required to be licensed by the department. See California Insurance Code 38.6
- Person: means any person, association, organization, partnership, business trust, limited liability company, or corporation. See California Insurance Code 19
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Process: includes a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings of either a civil or criminal nature. See California Government Code 22
- Protection contract fee: means the consideration received, or to be received, by a home protection company for the issuance of any home protection contract. See California Insurance Code 12740
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- residential property: as used in this part means any single or multiple unit or units, including mobilehomes, (as defined in Health and Safety Code Section 18211) used primarily for residential purposes. See California Insurance Code 12740
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Government Code 18
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Insurance Code 28
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Public Utilities Code 17