|Article 1||General Provisions|
|Article 2||Veterans’ Homes|
|Article 3||Fiscal Provisions|
Terms Used In California Codes > Military and Veterans Code > Division 5 > Chapter 2 - Veterans' Homes Bond Act of 2000
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Board: means the Department of Veterans Affairs designated in accordance with subdivision (b) of Section 1108. See California Military and Veterans Code 1102
- board: means the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 20
- Committee: means the Veterans' Home Finance Committee created pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 1108. See California Military and Veterans Code 1102
- County: includes city and county. See California Health and Safety Code 14
- County: includes city and county. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 15
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Health and Safety Code 20
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Fund: means the Veterans' Home Fund created pursuant to Section 1103. See California Military and Veterans Code 1102
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- partnership: shall include limited liability company, registered limited liability partnership, and foreign limited liability partnership, except where the context or the specific provisions of this division otherwise require. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 28.5
- Person: means any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or company. See California Health and Safety Code 19
- Person: includes any person, firm, partnership, general partner of a partnership, limited liability company, registered limited liability partnership, foreign limited liability partnership, association, corporation, company, syndicate, estate, trust, business trust, or organization of any kind. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 19
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- Probation officers: Screen applicants for pretrial release and monitor convicted offenders released under court supervision.
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Reasonably suspects: means that it is objectively reasonable for a person to entertain a suspicion, based upon facts that could cause a reasonable person in a like position, drawing, when appropriate, on his or her training and experience, to suspect. See California Penal Code 11162.5
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Health and Safety Code 23
- state agency: shall include any state board, commission, bureau, or division created pursuant to the provisions of the Business and Professions Code, the Education Code, or the Chiropractic Initiative Act to license and regulate individuals who engage in certain businesses and professions. See California Penal Code 23
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- victim: means any person alleged or found, upon the record, to have sustained physical or financial injury to person or property as a direct result of the crime charged. See California Penal Code 11158
- Weeds: as used in this part , means vegetation growing upon streets, sidewalks, or private property in any county, including any fire protection district and may include any of the following:
California Health and Safety Code 14875