|§ 1340||The California Mexican American Veterans’ Memorial Beautification and …|
|§ 1341||(a) Notwithstanding Section 13340 of the Government Code, all …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Military and Veterans Code > Division 6 > Chapter 8
- Board: means the California Victim Compensation Board. See California Government Code 13951
- County: includes city and county. See California Government Code 19
- Department: means the Department of Fish and Wildlife. See California Fish and Game Code 37
- Director: means the Director of Fish and Wildlife. See California Fish and Game Code 39
- District: means fish and game district. See California Fish and Game Code 41
- e-mail: means an electronic message that is sent to an e-mail address and transmitted between two or more telecommunications devices, computers, or electronic devices capable of receiving electronic messages through a local, regional, or global computer network, whether or not the message is converted to hard copy format after receipt, viewed upon transmission, or stored for later retrieval. See California Code of Civil Procedure 263.1
- Electronic record: means a document or record created, generated, sent, communicated, received, or stored by electronic means. See California Code of Civil Procedure 263.1
- Fax: is a n abbreviation for "facsimile" and refers, as indicated by the context, to a facsimile transmission or to a document so transmitted. See California Code of Civil Procedure 263.1
- Fax machine: means a machine that can send and receive a facsimile transmission using industry standards and includes a fax modem connected to a computer. See California Code of Civil Procedure 263.1
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fish: means a wild fish, mollusk, crustacean, invertebrate, amphibian, or part, spawn, or ovum of any of those animals. See California Fish and Game Code 45
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Information processing system: means an electronic system for creating, generating, sending, receiving, storing, displaying, retrieving, or processing information, but does not include a fax machine. See California Code of Civil Procedure 263.1
- Levying officer: means the sheriff or marshal acting as a ministerial officer pursuant to Section 26608 of the Government Code. See California Code of Civil Procedure 263.1
- Net: means any gear made of any kind of twine, thread, string, rope, wire, wood, or other materials used for the gilling, entangling, trapping, or impounding of fish. See California Fish and Game Code 56
- Person: includes any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, corporation, or company. See California Government Code 17
- Person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See California Code of Civil Procedure 17
- Process: signifies a writ or summons issued in the course of a judicial proceeding. See California Code of Civil Procedure 17
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium, or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form. See California Code of Civil Procedure 263.1
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Sheriff: includes marshal. See California Code of Civil Procedure 17
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Government Code 10
- Take: means hunt, pursue, catch, capture, or kill, or attempt to hunt, pursue, catch, capture, or kill. See California Fish and Game Code 86
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.