|§ 1800||As used in Section 1801:(a) “Veterans’ organizations” means any …|
|§ 1801||It is unlawful for any person to do any of the following …|
|§ 1802||Any person who solicits funds for the benefit of any veteran or …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Military and Veterans Code > Division 8 > Chapter 1 - Solicitation for Veterans' Benefits
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- County: includes "city and county. See California Code of Civil Procedure 17
- Fish: means a wild fish, mollusk, crustacean, invertebrate, amphibian, or part, spawn, or ovum of any of those animals. See California Fish and Game Code 45
- Net: means any gear made of any kind of twine, thread, string, rope, wire, wood, or other materials used for the gilling, entangling, trapping, or impounding of fish. See California Fish and Game Code 56
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Person: means any natural person or any partnership, corporation, limited liability company, trust, or other type of association. See California Fish and Game Code 67
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Purchase: means "buy" as defined in Section 24. See California Fish and Game Code 68
- Sell: includes offer or possess for sale, barter, exchange, or trade. See California Fish and Game Code 75
- State: includes the District of Columbia and the territories when applied to the different parts of the United States, and the words "United States" may include the district and territories. See California Code of Civil Procedure 17
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Take: means hunt, pursue, catch, capture, or kill, or attempt to hunt, pursue, catch, capture, or kill. See California Fish and Game Code 86
- war: shall mean : (a) whenever Congress has declared war and peace has not been formally restored. See California Military and Veterans Code 18
- Will: includes codicil. See California Code of Civil Procedure 17
- Writing: includes printing and typewriting. See California Code of Civil Procedure 17