|§ 1840||The Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation shall develop …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Military and Veterans Code > Division 8 > Chapter 4
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 19429
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 32381
- Department: means the Department of Transportation. See California Government Code 14002.5
- Person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See California Education Code 17389
- Process: signifies a writ or summons issued in the course of a judicial proceeding. See California Education Code 17389
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19404
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.