Except as provided by this chapter, any person, firm, or corporation who, within this state, sells, offers for sale, or knowingly transports any destructive device, other than fixed ammunition of a caliber greater than .60 caliber, is guilty of a felony and is punishable by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170 for two, three, or four years.
(Amended by Stats. 2011, Ch. 15, Sec. 534. (AB 109) Effective April 4, 2011. Amending action operative October 1, 2011, by Sec. 636 of Ch. 15, as amended by Stats. 2011, Ch. 39, Sec. 68. Section operative January 1, 2012, pursuant to Stats. 2010, Ch. 711, Sec. 10.)
Terms Used In California Penal Code 18730
- ammunition: includes , but is not limited to, any bullet, cartridge, magazine, clip, speed loader, autoloader, or projectile capable of being fired from a firearm with a deadly consequence. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 41133
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- knowingly: import s only a knowledge that the facts exist which bring the act or omission within the provisions of this code. See California Education Code 1012
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See California Education Code 1012
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the district and territories. See California Education Code 1012