|Subchapter A||Suit by Governmental Unit||128.001|
|Subchapter B||Civil Actions||128.051 – 128.053|
Terms Used In Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 128
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Concurrent resolution: A legislative measure, designated "S. Con. Res." and numbered consecutively upon introduction, generally employed to address the sentiments of both chambers, to deal with issues or matters affecting both houses, such as a concurrent budget resolution, or to create a temporary joint committee. Concurrent resolutions are not submitted to the President/Governor and thus do not have the force of law.
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture. See Texas Agriculture Code 1.003
- Effects: includes all personal property and all interest in that property. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005