|Chapter 1||Executing Death Penalty|
|Chapter 2||Suspension of Execution of Death Penalty: Insanity: Pregnancy|
Terms Used In California Codes > Penal Code > Part 3 > Title 3 - EXECUTION OF DEATH PENALTY
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Beneficiary: means a person to whom a donative transfer of property is made or that person's successor in interest, and:
California Probate Code 24
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- board: means the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 20
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- County: includes city and county. See California Health and Safety Code 14
- county: includes "city and county". See California Penal Code 7
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Health and Safety Code 20
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Instrument: means a will, a document establishing or modifying a trust, a deed, or any other writing that designates a beneficiary or makes a donative transfer of property. See California Probate Code 45
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- license: shall include a permit or a certificate issued by a state agency. See California Penal Code 23
- Person: means any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or company. See California Health and Safety Code 19
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person. See California Penal Code 7
- Person: includes any person, firm, partnership, general partner of a partnership, limited liability company, registered limited liability partnership, foreign limited liability partnership, association, corporation, company, syndicate, estate, trust, business trust, or organization of any kind. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 19
- Property: means anything that may be the subject of ownership and includes both real and personal property and any interest therein. See California Probate Code 62
- Public defender: Represent defendants who can't afford an attorney in criminal matters.
- Spouse: includes "registered domestic partner" as required by Section 297. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 12.2
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the district and territories. See California Penal Code 7
- Transferor: means the testator, settlor, grantor, owner, or other person who executes an instrument. See California Probate Code 81
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.