“Heir” means any person, including the surviving spouse, who is entitled to take property of the decedent by intestate succession under this code.
(Enacted by Stats. 1990, Ch. 79.)
Terms Used In California Probate Code 44
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Intestate: Dying without leaving a will.
- Person: means an individual, corporation, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, or other entity. See California Probate Code 56
- Property: means anything that may be the subject of ownership and includes both real and personal property and any interest therein. See California Probate Code 62
- Spouse: includes domestic partner, as defined in Section 37 of this code, as required by Section 297. See California Probate Code 72