|Chapter 1||General Provisions|
|Chapter 2||The Clean Air and Transportation Improvement Fund|
|Chapter 4||Applications for Grants|
Terms Used In California Codes > Public Utilities Code > Division 10 > Part 11.5
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Assessee: means the person to whom property or a tax is assessed. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 23
- board: means the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 20
- City: includes city and county and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Public Utilities Code 19
- Commission: means the Public Utilities Commission created by Section 1 of Article XII of the California Constitution, and "commissioner" means a member of the commission. See California Public Utilities Code 20
- Condominium: means an estate in real property consisting of an undivided interest in common in a portion of a parcel of real property together with a separate interest in space in a residential building on the real property, such as an apartment, which, in the opinion of the department, suits the needs of the purchaser and the purchaser's dependents as a place of abode. See California Military and Veterans Code 985
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes city and county. See California Water Code 14
- County: includes city and county. See California Public Utilities Code 18
- County: includes city and county. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 15
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- department: means the Department of Veterans Affairs. See California Military and Veterans Code 690
- Executive session: A portion of the Senate's daily session in which it considers executive business.
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Farm: means a tract of land, which, in the opinion of the department, is capable of producing sufficiently to provide a living for the purchaser and the purchaser's dependents. See California Military and Veterans Code 985
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Home: means any of the following:
California Military and Veterans Code 985
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Mobilehome: means either a parcel of real estate, or an undivided interest in common in a portion of a parcel of real property, on which is situated a mobilehome that will, in the opinion of the department, suit the needs of the purchaser and the purchaser's dependents as a place of abode and meets all requirements of local governmental jurisdictions. See California Military and Veterans Code 985
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Participation contract: means an obligation secured by a deed of trust or mortgage, or other security interest established pursuant to regulations of the department. See California Military and Veterans Code 985
- Person: includes any person, firm, partnership, general partner of a partnership, limited liability company, registered limited liability partnership, foreign limited liability partnership, association, corporation, company, syndicate, estate, trust, business trust, or organization of any kind. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 19
- Person: means any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or company. See California Water Code 19
- proceeding: means any inquiry, investigation, hearing, ascertainment, or other proceeding ordered or undertaken by the board pursuant to this code. See California Water Code 1075
- property: includes property real and personal. See California Civil Code 14
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Purchase price: means the price which the department pays for any farm or home. See California Military and Veterans Code 985
- Purchaser: means a veteran or any person who has entered into a contract of purchase of a farm or home from the department. See California Military and Veterans Code 985
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Shared equity cooperative: means a housing cooperative that provides ongoing housing affordability and individual asset accumulation and is eligible for financing under regulations of the department. See California Military and Veterans Code 985
- Spouse: includes "registered domestic partner" as required by Section 297. See California Military and Veterans Code 19
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Water Code 18
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which that term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Public Utilities Code 10
- Suitable institutions of learning: as used in this article , includes postgraduate schools of colleges, universities, or other institutions of learning, but does not include educational institutions whose enrollment of students receiving federal or state veteran subsidy exceeds 85 percent of their total enrollment. See California Military and Veterans Code 981.15
- United States: means the United States of America, and in relation to any particular matter includes the officers, agents, employees, agencies, or instrumentalities authorized to act in relation thereto. See California Water Code 20
- war: shall mean : (a) whenever Congress has declared war and peace has not been formally restored. See California Military and Veterans Code 18