(a) Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, the board of supervisors of any county in which a portion of the territory of a district described in this section is located may, by adoption of a resolution on or before the first day of January of any year, require such district to cause the levy of any district tax or assessment in accordance with the provisions of this part. If the board of supervisors has adopted such a resolution, the board of directors of the district shall, on or before the last day of January following adoption of the board of supervisors’ resolution, adopt a resolution, or the board of directors may, without such action by the board of supervisors, adopt such a resolution on or before the last day of January of any year, to cause the levy of any district tax or assessment in accordance with the provisions of this part, if:
(1) The territory within the boundaries of the district is situated in more than one county; and
Terms Used In California Revenue and Taxation Code 2131
- board: means the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration. See California Education Code 5301
- City: includes incorporated city, city and county, municipal corporation, municipality, town, and incorporated town. See California Education Code 5227
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 5228
(2) The portion of the district tax or assessment levied on locally assessable property is imposed according to the value of such property as it appears on the local rolls in the respective counties in which the district is situated.
(b) As used in this part, “district” means an agency of the state, formed pursuant to general law or special act, for the local performance of governmental or proprietary functions within limited boundaries. “District” shall exclude the following:
(1) The state.
(2) A county.
(3) A city.
(4) A special assessment district.
(5) An improvement district.
(6) A county service area.
(7) A metropolitan water district.
(c) As used in this part, “board of directors” means the legislative body or governing board of a district.
(d) A resolution adopted pursuant to this section shall remain in effect for at least one year but may be rendered ineffective at any time thereafter by a resolution so stating adopted on or before the last day of January of the year in which the levy of the district’s tax or assessment shall no longer be imposed in accordance with the provisions of this part.
(Amended by Stats. 1972, Ch. 1135.)