Terms Used In California Codes > Streets and Highways Code > Division 3 > Chapter 2 - Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Program
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town. See California Streets and Highways Code 15
- commission: means the California Transportation Commission. See California Streets and Highways Code 22
- Construction: includes :
California Streets and Highways Code 29
- Department: means the Department of Transportation of this state. See California Streets and Highways Code 20
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Freeway: means a highway in respect to which the owners of abutting lands have no right or easement of access to or from their abutting lands or in respect to which such owners have only limited or restricted right or easement of access. See California Streets and Highways Code 23.5
- highway: includes bridges, culverts, curbs, drains, and all works incidental to highway construction, improvement, and maintenance. See California Streets and Highways Code 23
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- maintenance: includes any of the following:
California Streets and Highways Code 27
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- State highway: means any highway which is acquired, laid out, constructed, improved or maintained as a State highway pursuant to constitutional or legislative authorization. See California Streets and Highways Code 24
- State Highway Account: means the State Highway Account in the State Transportation Fund. See California Streets and Highways Code 30