Notwithstanding other provisions of law, the resources, to the extent described in subdivision (c), of an individual who purchases an approved and certified long-term care insurance policy or health care service plan contract which covers long-term care services shall not be considered by:
(a) The State Department of Health Care Services in determining:
Terms Used In California Welfare and Institutions Code 22004
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
(1) Medi-Cal eligibility.
(2) The amount of any Medi-Cal payment.
(3) The amount of any subsequent recovery by the state of payments made for medical services.
(b) The State Department of Social Services in determining:
(1) Eligibility for in-home supportive services provided pursuant to Article 7 (commencing with Section 12300) of Chapter 3 of Division 9.
(2) The amount of any payment for in-home supportive services.
(c) The resources not to be considered as provided by this section shall be equal to, or in some proportion set by the State Department of Health Care Services or State Department of Social Services that is less than equal to, the amount of long-term care insurance payments or benefits made as described in Section 22006.
(Amended by Stats. 2016, Ch. 487, Sec. 5. (SB 1384) Effective January 1, 2017.)