|§ 1-102||Unlawful employment of state officers or persons paid by the state to influence legislative action|
|§ 1-103||Threats to hinder legislation|
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes > Chapter 11
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- another: may extend and be applied to communities, companies, corporations, public or private, limited liability companies, societies and associations. See Connecticut General Statutes 1-1
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Ordinance: means an enactment under the provisions of section 7-157. See Connecticut General Statutes 1-1
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.