|§ 12-244||Allocation of tax|
|§ 12-245||Local taxation of real and personal property|
|§ 12-246||Filing of returns|
|§ 12-247||Minimum tax|
|§ 12-248||Application of corporation business tax|
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes > Chapter 209
- Air carrier: means any person, firm, partnership, corporation, limited liability company, association, trustee, receiver or assignee which engages in the transportation by air of persons or property for hire and which makes landings or takeoffs or air pickups or deliveries in this state. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-243
- Aircraft arrivals and departures: means scheduled landings and takeoffs in this state of the aircraft of an air carrier, scheduled air pickups and deliveries in this state by the aircraft of an air carrier, and, in the case of nonscheduled operations, shall include all landings and takeoffs, pickups and deliveries. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-243
- company: means any person, partnership, association, company, limited liability company or corporation, except an incorporated municipality. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Flight equipment: means full equipment of aircraft for flight. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-243
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: means any individual, partnership, company, limited liability company, public or private corporation, society, association, trustee, executor, administrator or other fiduciary or custodian. See Connecticut General Statutes 12-1
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.