Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes > Chapter 572
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Commissioners: means the Commissioner of Economic and Community Development and the Labor Commissioner. See Connecticut General Statutes 31-386
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Eligible municipality: means any municipality with an unemployment rate equal to or greater than seven per cent of its work force in March, 1975, as certified by the Labor Commissioner. See Connecticut General Statutes 31-386
- Emergency municipal public works employment project: means any municipal public works project considered by said commissioners for state financial assistance under this chapter. See Connecticut General Statutes 31-386
- month: means a calendar month, and the word "year" means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Connecticut General Statutes 1-1
- Unemployment rate: means the rate of unemployment within any labor market area in the state as determined by the Labor Commissioner by computing the percentage of the work force within such labor market area which was unemployed during the month of March, 1975. See Connecticut General Statutes 31-386