U.S. Code > Title 39 > Part II – Personnel
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|Chapter 10||Employment Within the Postal Service|
|Chapter 12||Employee-Management Agreements|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 39 > Part II - Personnel
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- guards: means &mdash. See 39 USC 1201
- Inspector General: means the Inspector General appointed under section 202(e) of this title. See 39 USC 102
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- oath: includes affirmation, and "sworn" includes affirmed. See 1 USC 1
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Postal Service: means the United States Postal Service established by section 201 of this title. See 39 USC 102
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.