Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes > Chapter 734a - Regulation of Apartment Listing Services
- Apartment: means any house or building or portion of a house or building which is rented, leased or hired out to be occupied as a home or residence by one or more persons. See Connecticut General Statutes 42-103b
- Apartment listing service: means any person who, in exchange for a fee, permits a customer to inspect or otherwise utilize a listing of apartments for rent. See Connecticut General Statutes 42-103b
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Customer: means any person who pays a fee to an apartment listing service for assistance in obtaining an apartment rental. See Connecticut General Statutes 42-103b
- Listing: means any oral or written communication concerning a specific apartment for rent. See Connecticut General Statutes 42-103b
- oath: shall include affirmations in cases where by law an affirmation may be used for an oath, and, in like cases, the word "swear" shall include the word "affirm". See Connecticut General Statutes 1-1
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any individual, association, partnership, limited liability company or corporation. See Connecticut General Statutes 42-103b