Connecticut General Statutes > Chapter 734a – Regulation of Apartment Listing Services
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Connecticut General Statutes > Chapter 734a - Regulation of Apartment Listing Services
- Apartment: means any house or building or portion of a house or building which is rented, leased or hired out to be occupied as a home or residence by one or more persons. See Connecticut General Statutes 42-103b
- Apartment listing service: means any person who, in exchange for a fee, permits a customer to inspect or otherwise utilize a listing of apartments for rent. See Connecticut General Statutes 42-103b
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Customer: means any person who pays a fee to an apartment listing service for assistance in obtaining an apartment rental. See Connecticut General Statutes 42-103b
- Listing: means any oral or written communication concerning a specific apartment for rent. See Connecticut General Statutes 42-103b
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any individual, association, partnership, limited liability company or corporation. See Connecticut General Statutes 42-103b