|358-H:2||Fees and Deposits.|
|358-H:4||Representations of Availability and Consent of Lessor.|
|358-H:6||Waiver of Provisions.|
Terms Used In New Hampshire Revised Statutes > Chapter 358-H - Regulation of Rental Referral Agencies
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of these laws, shall mean the section next preceding or following that in which such reference is made, unless some other is expressly designated. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:13
- justice: when applied to a magistrate, shall mean a justice of a municipal court, or a justice of the peace having jurisdiction over the subject-matter. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:12
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means a natural person, corporation, trust, partnership, incorporated or unincorporated association, or any other legal entity. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 358-H:1
- Prospective tenant: means any person who pays a fee or other consideration to a rental referral agency for assistance in obtaining information about specific rental properties. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 358-H:1
- real estate: shall include lands, tenements, and hereditaments, and all rights thereto and interests therein. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:21
- Rental property: means any house or building or portion of a house or building which is rented, leased or hired out to be occupied as a home or residence by one or more persons. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 358-H:1
- Rental referral agency: means any person who collects rental information for the purpose of assisting prospective tenants in locating specific rental properties in exchange for a fee or other consideration. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 358-H:1
- state: when applied to different parts of the United States, may extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall include said district and territories. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:4